A group of 3-12 people that gathers at least twice a month to experience what it means to Know, Care, Grow and Share.
- Know = Know and Love God and Neighbor (Mark 12:28-31)
- Care = “Bear one another’s burdens” (Galatians 6:2)
- Grow = “Teach them to obey” through applying Scripture (Matthew 28:20) (It’s not about information; it’s about transformation.)
- Share = Witness and Serve beyond the church walls as authentic followers. (Matthew 28:19 and Mark 10:45)
Pathway to Starting a Small Group
- Begin with a dangerous prayer: Lord, use me.
- If possible, join a healthy small group to experience how one works.
- Participate in a small group leader training, especially if there are no healthy small groups near you to join.
- If you are in a healthy small group, ask to become an apprentice leader of that group.
- Find at least two other people who would join you in starting a new group.
- Meet with this core group at least three times to discern how you want your group to function. Be sure to pray with and for one another each time.
- As a core group, choose a regular day, time and place to meet.
- Pray as a core group about the study you will use to start the group.
- Pray for God to send new people to the group.
- Have each person in the group make at least five invitations to new people.
- Launch your group!