Right Start 2021
Pre-Assignment to complete before Right Start: View required Boundaries video found here: 3_Healthy Communication Boundaries During Transitions
Wednesday, April 21
9-9:30 a.m. - Welcome, Mark Statler
11:30 a.m.-1 p.m. - Lunch Break
1-2:30 p.m. - Onboarding in New Setting, Rev. Kim Jenne/Rev. Jim Simpson Onboarding Yourself, Self Onboarding Handout, Self Onboarding Powerpoint
3:30-5 p.m. - Dealing with Grief and Loss, Amy Thompson Grief and Loss Session Handout
Thursday, April 22
8:30 a.m. - Zoom breakout room topics
9-11 a.m. - Starting Well, Bishop Farr Necessary Nine Handout
11 a.m.-noon - Lunch Break
Noon-2 p.m. - Making Connections In Your New Setting, Rev. Dr. Candace Lewis Community Asset Mapping Workbook
2:30-4 p.m. - Dimensions of Transition, Amy Thompson Emotional Wellness for the Transition Handout, My Covenant for Balancing Ministry and Family, EHS Assessment
Friday, April 238:30 a.m. - Rural Missouri Connections, Sidney Everhart
9 a.m. - Introduction to Group Coaching and Right Start Follow-Through, Rev. Mark Statler
10 a.m.-noon - Group Coaching #1
3. Healthy Communication Boundaries during Transitions (45 min) by Kim Jenne
- Healthy Communication Boundaries During Transitions slides.
- Establishing Healthy Clergy Boundaries with a Congregation.
Boundaries by Kim Jenne
- Misconduct and Harassment slides.
- Highest Ideals brochure.
- Sexual Ethics Policy of the Missouri Conference.
- Boundaries Covenant example.
- Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Social Media for Missouri Conference Clergy.
- Single Clergy Dating Protocols.
Using MissionInsite Demographics by Tammy Calcote
- Five Actions to Reach New People Using Demographics
- 10 Effective Ministry Applications.
- Using MissionInsite Demographics Presentation.
- Using MissionInsite Demographics Handout.
- MissionInsite Guide.
- Executive Sample.
- Full Sample.
- Demographics Reference Guide.
- People Plot Benefits.
- QuickInsite Worksheet.
- Starting Point.
Vision and Execution in a New Setting by Roger Ross
- Video presentation 1.
- Video presentation 2.
- Four Disciplines of Execution Summary.
- 4DX Intro Video.
- MAP One Page Map Module.
Finance and Administration
- Presentation by Trudy McManus.
- Video by Trudy McManus.
- Video by Nate Berneking.
- Clergy Tax Resources.
HealthFlex (Full-time clergy only)
- 2021 HealthFlex Well-Being Programs.
- 2021 Monthly Premiums.
- 2021 Plan Comparisons.
- 31 Day Enrollment Compliance Rules.
- Continuation Coverage Under HealthFlex.
- Enrolling in Virgin Pulse.
- Enrollment Change Form.*
- Flexible Spending Accounts.
- Guide to Accessing your HealthFlex Benefits.
- Health Savings Accounts for Participants in HealthFlex Health Savings Account Plans.
- HealthFlex Exchange Enrollment Kit Cover Letter.
- Healthy You Healthy.
- HRA vs HSA vs FSA Comparison.
- Important HealthFlex Information-Disclaimers.
- Let the EAP Lighten Your Load.
- New Appointment, New Possibilities .
- New Community.
- Temporary Card.
- Weight Watchers.
- Work Life Services.
Pension and Retirement (Full-time and Part-time clergy)
- Beneficiary Form.
- Consolidating Your Accounts.
- CPP At a Glance.
- CRSP At a Glance.
- CRSP-CPP Enrollment Form.*
- EY FInancial Services.
- Incoming Rollover Form.
- Saving for Your Future.
- UMPIP At a Glance.
- Understanding Your Investment Options.
Care in Transition
A free guide for pastors ending ministry in one congregation and beginning ministry in another congregation during COVID-19.
“Called” – Leadership Development by Ken Nash
Leaving Well Webinar Series
This four-part webinar series features discussions on all aspects of pastoral transitions as we consider what it looks like to leave a current ministry setting. Webinar topics and guests include:
- The Change-Over Zone with Jim Ozier of Ozier Coaching
- Pastoral Transitions for Spouses with Elizabeth Cassidy, Ph.D.
- Pastoral Transitions for the Family with Amy Thompson, LCSW
- Pastoral Transitions for the PPRC with Amy Thompson, Bruce Baxter and Nate Berneking
Family Transition Videos
See the stories of real Missouri Methodist families making pastoral transitions with children of all ages. Share these videos with your family. The videos are available for streaming or download on our Vimeo channel.