NextGen Conversations: Family Outreach with Mona Candea
In episode two we’re in conversation with Mona Candea, Children’s Ministry Coordinator at Grace UMC in Olathe, Kansas. Mona walks us through the challenging world of COVID-era family ministry. She and her team have evolved the way that they do ministry over the last year, and Mona has a lot of great ideas to share with churches that are struggling with where to start. Through use of new digital media and innovative outreach, there’s a little something for every church to learn.
- Orange: Updated every Sunday morning with age specific bible story videos
- Illustrated Faith: Sign up for the password-protected archives of children’s bulletins, family devotionals, coloring pages and more.
- Deeper KidMin: Think teachers-pay-teachers but for children’s ministry-by-children’s ministry leaders
- Canva: A resource to easily create beautiful graphics
- Cokesbury: The publishing company posts a Sunday School video weekly on its Facebook page.
- Sparkhouse: Hosts Thursday Facebook live trainings that are quick and helpful
- Facebook Groups: