A group of any size that helps people recover from addictions, e.g. Celebrate Recovery or another Christian 12-step approach. Churches may also partner with recovery groups they host, such as AA, Al-Anon, Gam-Anon, etc., by offering radical hospitality, building relationships with group leaders, praying for requests made anonymously, and/or making available a designated chaplain.)
Pathway to Starting a Recovery Ministry
- Begin with a dangerous prayer: Lord, use me.
- Assess the needs of your community.
- Create a team.
- Visit a Celebrate Recovery in your area.
- Use the Celebrate Recovery or Brianna’s Hope web page to discover resources.
- Make a connection with an existing group and ask how best your church could support them. (Note: Please respect that these programs have boundaries in place to protect and support their participants. It is important to let them define what the relationship looks like.)