Pathway Out of Poverty
Connect 100,000 students with 100,000 books by December 31, 2020
Pathway for Resourcing Local Churches:
- Resourcing: Establish and create tools for partnerships to utilize (e.g., devotionals, sermon series, tutorials for initiating church-school partnerships, poverty training for churches, etc.).
- Innovation: Brainstorm big ideas to help us reach our goal – experiment, test and dream.
- Information: Determine the starting point, collect and share information, search for best practices and search for community partners.
- Celebration: Celebrate and highlight mutually beneficial church-school partnerships around the conference.
- Invitation: Invite local churches to participate at various levels.
How we will reach our goal
Introduce this goal to at least 24 ministerial leaders a month through phone calls or face-to-face meetings.
New Pathway Out of Poverty Resources View More Resources →
Check out the newest resources related to providing a pathway out of poverty through literacy.
Missouri Conference Examples:
- Living Word Church Partners with Meramec Elementary School, The Missouri Methodists, September 2018
- Summer Lunch Program at Saint Luke’s Goes into Neighborhood, The Missouri Methodists, August 2018
Education Task Force
Want to serve on the education task force? Contact Rev. Sharon Williams.
Stephanie Leonard Bland
Rev. Cody Collier
Rev. Lucas Endicott
Dr. Rob Gordon
Rev. Tina L. Harris
Helen and Doug Hatridge
Dr. Elaine Henderson
Rev. Kim Hoover
Rev. Kevin Kosh
Rev. Diana Loomis
Dr. Vonnelle Middleton
Rev. Steve Pinnell
Vada McCrary Postlethwait
Rev. Eric Schmidt
Rev. Jim Simpson
Rev. Susan Smith
Questions about Church-School Partnerships and Safe Sanctuaries? Check out our FAQs.