New Worship Service
A group of 15 or more that meets at least twice monthly to experience the Living God and reach persons not currently involved in a worshiping community.
A Pathway for Starting a New Worship Service
- Begin with a dangerous prayer: Lord, use me.
- Use a demographic study to determine who is in your mission field and identify who you want this worship experience to connect to. Don’t be afraid to be specific. This will inform every decision you make concerning the new worship service. “Worship Ways” by Tom Bandy will help you identify specific ways to connect to specific mosaics groups in your mission field.
- Develop a team with a strong representation of the people you are trying to connect with.
- Use the team to determine worship style, use of technology, direction of sermon designs, hospitality, childcare; the structure of ongoing worship planning, and other practical concerns.
- Use team to design a strategy for launching the new worship service.