June Camps Canceled
Due to health and safety concerns, the Office of Next Generation Ministries has made the difficult decision to cancel the following camps scheduled for June:
- NextGen Mobile Camps originally scheduled for 6/15-6/19 in Kansas City and Wentzville
- NextGen Mobile Camp originally scheduled 6/22-6/26 in St. Charles
- NextGen Overnight Camps: Xtreme/Xtreme Ignited originally scheduled for 6/8-6/12
- NextGen Overnight Camp: God’s Girls on the Go originally scheduled 6/22-6/26
All camp registrations for the above camps will be fully refunded. The Conference finance department will begin processing these refunds in May. If you have not received a refund by the end of May and you believe you are entitled to one, please contact Camping Registrar Tina Twenter at email@example.com. Contact Scott Burdin, NextGen Supervisor, at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about summer camping.
In addition to the above cancelations, the following mobile camps hosted at Missouri local churches with partners Eagle Lake or Heartland Camps have also canceled:
- Eagle Lake Mobile Camp at Kennett originally scheduled for 6/1-6/5
- Eagle Lake Mobile Camp at Oregon originally scheduled 6/8-6/12
- Heartland Mobile Camp at Fenton originally scheduled for 6/1-6/5
- Heartland Mobile Camp at Kirkwood originally scheduled 7/6-7/10
- Heartland Mobile Camp at Pacific originally scheduled 7/27-7/31
Heartland and Eagle Lake are offering campers options regarding their paid registration including rolling over to 2021, donating or receiving a refund. Contact your local church camping coordinator with questions about camper refunds for the Heartland and Eagle Lake camps mentioned above.
Our team continues to monitor the updates from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and state and local health departments related to camping events scheduled for the remainder of the summer. We will keep the Conference apprised of any decisions about further July and August camping events.