During the spring grant cycle, the Center for Congregational Excellence awarded nearly $60,000 in funds to 11 local churches for new small groups, missional communities, worship services and recovery ministries. Those recipients were:
- Cassidy UMC
- Fairfax UMC
- First UMC (Marshall)
- New Hope UMC (Arnold)
- North Cross UMC (Kansas City)
- North Park UMC (St. Louis)
- North Star UMC
- Pathways UMC (Springfield)
- Peculiar UMC
- Trinity UMC (Piedmont)
- Versailles UMC
“We see the ways Missouri churches are leaning into what God is calling them to do and reaching out to their communities as a result,” says Rev. Mark Sheets, director for the Center of Congregational Excellence at the Missouri Conference. “The Center for Congregational Excellence is excited to support this fruitful work through an increase in available grant funds,”
Steps to Apply
- Explore what type of new place for new people your project fits within:
- Fill out the grant worksheet
- Send the completed worksheet to your District Superintendent for approval and signature.
- Gather the appropriate documents and your answers from the worksheet. Copy your answers into the online application and upload the documents as directed.
The Center for Congregational Excellence offers grants twice a year, once in the spring and once in the fall, and the amounts given out vary by the type of grant requested. Submit your grant application by October 1 to the online form. We look forward to reading your applications!
* A collaborative parish is a relationship between at least two congregations in which resources are shared. This could be in the form of a connection, partnership or a campus. For the benefit of this grant, we are considering a collaborative relationship where a more resourced congregation shares resources with a less resourced congregation. A connection collaborative relationship share at least two out of these three elements: Preaching, administrative support or pastoral care. A partnership collaborative relationship shares all three elements of the connection level and other ministries or programs.