Encountering Christ, Developing Leadership, Independence, and Spiritual Awareness are foremost in creating Christ centered camping opportunities for children, youth, and young adults, thereby offering support and resources to the local church in three unique experiences.
download camp book here (pdf)
Ignite: Mobile Camps
To kindle a profound excitement and desire to follow Jesus Christ.
- The entry point for the journey of discipleship.
- Accessibility to support local churches in rural and urban areas, regardless of size or location.
- Providing affordable camping experiences for under resourced children.
- Flexibility of schedule in a fast paced world.
- Equipping churches in community outreach
- Building a connection between children and the local church.
Mobile Camp Schedule
June 1-5: Kirksville (1st UMC)
June 8-12: Kearney (1st UMC)
June 15-19: Lamar (Oakton UMC)
June 22-26: Ferguson (Wellspring UMC)
June 29-July 3: Reeds Spring (Lifesong UMC)
July 6-10: Holt County (Mound City & Oregon UMC)
July 13-17: Palmyra (Palmyra UMC)
July 20-24: Mexico (Mexico UMC)
July 27-31: Poplar Bluff (1st UMC)
August 3-7: Columbia (Community UMC)
For more about the new opportunities in camping ministries, go to http://www.nextgenumc.org/#!camping/c12ja.
Infuse: Core Camps
To inspire and instill an understanding and appreciation of the gospel and grace.
- Providing a safe space for self-exploration and deepening friendships.
- Appreciating God’s creation and His magnificence.
- Helping spiritual healing through an immersion relationship with Christ.
- Developing personal independence and self-reliance.
- Learning from Christian role models.
- Enhancing leadership skills.
Impact: Youth Works
To transform the world through the power of the Holy Spirit.
- Impacting communities in ways that communicate Christ’s servant love, promote personal growth, and develop a passion to serve.
- Allowing meaningful conversations and personal experiences.
- Helping students realize that beyond being the object of prayer, they can be the answer to prayer.
- Providing hands-on experiential, practical, service opportunities.
A Word about Camping
As the 2015 camping season continues to shape up, I wanted to take a few minutes to share my excitement and our vision for what’s in store. Through IGNITE, INFUSE, and IMPACT, there are opportunities for child, youth, and young adults to encounter Christ. According to the Barna Group, half of all Christians make their commitment to Christ before the age of 13 and two thirds of those recommit before they are 18 years old. Knowing this, I hold the responsibility of finding engaging ways for our kids to discover, deepen, and experience Christ on a personal level. Why do I hold this on a personal level? I have three children, Madison (16), Mack (14), and Meredith (11). Each of them is different and unique in their own way but I pray for the same thing for all of them, that they may love Jesus Christ just as He loves them.
-- Jeff Baker, Director of Mission, Service & Justice Ministries