Missouri Flooding and Storm Damage Resources (Dec. 2015)
Updated December 28, 2015
Missouri UM Disaster Response is in contact with Voluntary Organizations Active in Disaster (VOAD) and Missouri State Emergency Management Agency (SEMA) now that a state of emergency has been declared. UMCOR is also keeping a close eye on the situation and is in touch with Dan Steska, Missouri Associate Director for Disaster Response.
Please continue to pray for the people of flood-infected areas, for the lives lost in Pulaski County and first responders. Below are some resources for local churches during this time of response.
- MOAC UM DISASTER RESPONSE. www.facebook.com/umcdisaster (As news unfolds from state agencies, Dan will keep this up-to-date with information). Visit http://www.umcdisaster.org/ for additional resources.
- CLEANING BUCKETS. MOAC currently has 75-100 cleaning buckets in stock to assist with flooding efforts. Help replenish our stock to enable swift response. Visit UMCOR to learn how to make a kit and contact Dan Steska for storage/pick up when complete.
- UNITED WAY 2-1-1. http://www.211helps.org/ (A resource for pastors to refer congregation and community members in need of social service).
- GIVING (MO DISASTER RESPONSE). Visit here and click on the PayPal button for Missouri-related disaster needs. For paper giving, make checks payable to: Missouri Annual Conference (memo: Mo Disaster Response) and mail to Missouri Annual Conference, 3601 Amron Ct. Columbia, MO 65202. Or, visit UMCOR.org for monies to be disbursed throughout the United States for disaster relief.
- OPEN SHELTERS. Contact your local American Red Cross chapter to find open shelters for displaced persons related to the storms and flooding.