Updated December 28, 2015
Missouri UM Disaster Response is in contact with Voluntary Organizations Active in Disaster (VOAD) and Missouri State Emergency Management Agency (SEMA) now that a state of emergency has been declared. UMCOR is also keeping a close eye on the situation and is in touch with Dan Steska, Missouri Associate Director for Disaster Response.
Please continue to pray for the people of flood-infected areas, for the lives lost in Pulaski County and first responders. Below are some resources for local churches during this time of response.
- MOAC UM DISASTER RESPONSE. www.facebook.com/umcdisaster (As news unfolds from state agencies, Dan will keep this up-to-date with information). Visit http://www.umcdisaster.org/ for additional resources.
- CLEANING BUCKETS. MOAC currently has 75-100 cleaning buckets in stock to assist with flooding efforts. Help replenish our stock to enable swift response. Visit UMCOR to learn how to make a kit and contact Dan Steska for storage/pick up when complete.
- UNITED WAY 2-1-1. http://www.211helps.org/ (A resource for pastors to refer congregation and community members in need of social service).
- GIVING (MO DISASTER RESPONSE). Visit here and click on the PayPal button for Missouri-related disaster needs. For paper giving, make checks payable to: Missouri Annual Conference (memo: Mo Disaster Response) and mail to Missouri Annual Conference, 3601 Amron Ct. Columbia, MO 65202. Or, visit UMCOR.org for monies to be disbursed throughout the United States for disaster relief.
- OPEN SHELTERS. Contact your local American Red Cross chapter to find open shelters for displaced persons related to the storms and flooding.