There are three reported deaths in the Golden City area, some hospitalizations with minor injuries in Jefferson City and significant property damage around the state due to a series of storms in Missouri last night including Carl Junction, Eldon and Jefferson City. Please stay out of areas with damage and allow first responders to do their work. Early Response Teams (ERT) will be invited once local public safety experts have deemed it O.K. for the next level of professional and volunteer response teams.
Additionally, Missouri continues to be impacted by flooding, especially northwest Missouri. You can help by giving generously to response efforts. Please visit www.umcdisaster.org and select “Donate”. Or, text the amount you'd like to give and the word "RESPONSE" to 573-207-4546. Your church may also consider preparing flood buckets. The value of a cleaning bucket is roughly $75 each. For assembly instructions, visit www.umcmission.org Cleaning buckets can be dropped off at the following:
- Ashland UMC, 2711 Ashland Ave., St. Joseph, MO 64506-1999, (816) 279-7419
- Wentzville UMC, 725 Wall St, Wentzville, MO 63385, (636) 327-6377 (M-Th 8-4 p.m.)
- La Croix, 3102 Lexington Ave, Cape Girardeau, MO 63701-2686, (573) 339-0302
- Missouri Annual Conference, 3601 Amron Ct., Columbia, MO 65202, (573) 441-1700
- New McKendree UMC, 225 S High St, Jackson, MO 63755, (573) 243-8487
NEXT ERT TRAINING: If you feel led to serve in disaster readiness and response, consider the next ERT training June 15 in St. Joseph. Register by June 10 here.