February 02, 2018
Last month, I shared successes of our Mozambique ministry in 2017. I didn’t have final giving support numbers at that time. In 2017, we concluded the highest giving toward the Mozambique Initiative in our history. Total giving was $932,076.25. Thank you for this incredible year and for your generous support of our brothers and sisters in Christ. Two hundred and thirteen congregations across the Annual Conference participated in our ministry.
As we look forward to 2018, I wanted to share a few of the goals and priority projects for the Mozambique Initiative for the upcoming year. We celebrate our 20-year partnership with Mozambique by spending time discerning and launching new efforts that we expect to enhance our relationship together.
- We will be launching a Vacation Bible School giving supplement.
- Create marketing efforts to better showcase how churches can partner in ministry.
- Discerning and listening about the microfinance/church sustainability efforts.
- Meet with Bishop Nhanala during her visit to the USA.
End of 2018
- Relaunch microfinance efforts at Annual Conference.
- Celebrate our 20-year formal partnership with Mozambique at Annual Conference.
- Assist 3-6 teams from across the state plan for mission trips to Mozambique.
- Begin discernment of next major “spoke” in the MI missional wheel.
- Announce and have fundraising campaign around new “spoke” in the MI missional wheel.
Like always, the Mozambique Initiative will also prioritize assisting churches with communicating with partners in Mozambique. Thank you for your continued support and partnership.