April 28, 2015
As many of you know, an earthquake measuring 7.9 on the Richter Scale struck west of the ancient Nepali capital of Kathmandu, Pokhara, on Saturday 25 April 2015, at 11:41am Nepal local time. It is the most powerful earthquake to hit the region in 81 years. We will be updating the website as details of our response are worked out. In the meantime, this is the information we can share and that can guide you in any questions you receive:
- We continue to be in prayer.
- We have been in contact and confirmed that all of our missionaries and their families are safe.
- UMCOR is preparing a response, working through local and international partners.
- Donations to support the response to the earthquake in Nepal and other international disasters can be made through UMCOR Advance # 982450.
- Checks can be made out to your local UMC and write UMCOR Advance #982450 in the memo and put in the offering plate or gifts can be made online: https://secure3.convio.net/gbgm/site/SPageNavigator/umcor_donate.html?type=1002&project=982450