New Missional Leaders
Increase New Missional Leaders from 0 to 400 by June 30, 2019.
Pathway for Resourcing Local Churches:
A Missional Leader:
- Moves from meeting God to an active, growing and authentic faith in Jesus Christ; and
- Is identified as a leader and is mentored by another leader; and
- Provides leadership in their local church and/or beyond, and
- Identifies and has begun mentoring a new leader
Ways for Growing in Missional Leadership:
- Lay Servant Ministry
- Mission, Service & Justice Ministries
- Next Generation Ministries
- Center for Leadership Excellence
- Center for Congregational Excellence
- United Methodist Men
- United Methodist Women
How we will reach our goal
- Complete 7 in-person, quality invitations on average per week to people who have not yet been equipped to become a new missional leader.
- Engage 3 ministerial leaders on average per week with an intentional teaching about conversations with potential new missional leaders using 5 Cups of Coffee.