Connect 100,000 students with 100,000 books by December 31, 2020
Pathway for Resourcing Local Churches:
- Resourcing: Establish and create tools for partnerships to utilize (e.g., devotionals, sermon series, tutorials for initiating church-school partnerships, poverty training for churches, etc.).
- Innovation: Brainstorm big ideas to help us reach our goal – experiment, test and dream.
- Information: Determine the starting point, collect and share information, search for best practices and search for community partners.
- Celebration: Celebrate and highlight mutually beneficial church-school partnerships around the conference.
- Invitation: Invite local churches to participate at various levels.
How we will reach our goal
Introduce this goal to at least 24 ministerial leaders a month through phone calls or face-to-face meetings.
New Missional Justice Resources View More Resources →
Check out the newest resources related to providing a pathway out of poverty through literacy.
Missouri Conference Examples:
- Living Word Church Partners with Meramec Elementary School, The Missouri Methodists, September 2018
- Summer Lunch Program at Saint Luke’s Goes into Neighborhood, The Missouri Methodists, August 2018
Education Task Force
Sharon Williams, Leader
Questions about Church-School Partnerships and Safe Sanctuaries? Check out our FAQs.