A group of any size that connects with unchurched people in a neighborhood, community or region around a specific need, e.g., neighborhood block parties or “dinner church,” ministering to the needs of homeless persons in an area, providing a safe place for abused women and children, etc.
A Pathway to Starting a New Missional Community
- Begin with a dangerous prayer: Lord, use me.
- Assess the needs/interests in your mission field.
- Communicate the needs/interests to your congregation and create awareness (videos, sermon series).
- Cultivate ideas and leadership using FAN (see the webinar below).
- Network both inside and outside the church.