Mental Health Resources
When you know you need help, choosing a provider and making the call is often the hardest part. Use these links from trusted organizations to discern what is right for you.
- How to Choose a Therapist (from the American Psychological Association)
- Which mental health professional is right for me? (from the Mayo Clinic)
- Questions to Ask a Mental Health Provider (from Mental Health America)
- How do I know if my therapist is effective? (from the National Alliance on Mental Illness)
FOR HEALTHFLEX PARTICIPANTS
The Employee Assistance Program, or EAP, offers HealthFlex participants eight free counseling sessions. There are a few different ways to utilize the EAP:
- Call 1-866-881-6800 to chat with a licensed clinical social worker about the mental health provider options in your area
- Browse providers who accept EAP via the liveandworkwell.com directory. Once you find a provider, call the EAP line, 1-866-881-6800, to receive your authorization code. You'll need to give this code to your provider when they fill out the paperwork for EAP.
Most United Healthcare plans include behavioral health benefits. However, you can begin treatment with your eight free EAP sessions and then continue treatment by using your benefits. Learn more about the difference in benefits and options available to you at the link above.
FOR PART-TIME PASTORS AND LAITY
The Missouri Annual Conference established the Counseling and Assistance Program or CAP to financially assist those clergy families who ﬁnd themselves in need of professional services as they attempt to cope with the problems of life. Toward that goal, CAP has established the Counseling Assistance Program to supplement the EAP and beneﬁts payable through your medical insurance company or companies, thus making quality mental health care truly affordable to all our families. To learn more about this benefit, please contact Trudy McManus at firstname.lastname@example.org.