The Basic Course, Introduction to Lay Servant Ministries
Registration Deadline: February 17, 2021
Class size limited to 25.
This course is the foundation course and allows you to take other courses to becoming a Certified Lay Speaker or Lay Minister. However, ANYONE can take the course. You do not have to be in the process of being certified. The Basic Course encourages participants to discover and employ personal spiritual gifts as God intended and to consider the importance of servant leadership.
This 5 session online course will be offered on Wednesday evenings, February 24, March 3, 10, 17 & 24, 2021 from 6:30-8:30 PM via ZOOM.
There is no registration fee for the course. There are 5 sessions in the book, and each session will be taught by a different leader. We are excited that that the following have agreed to teach:
- Rev. John Howard- serving Holt UMC part-time in his retirement
- Rev. Sharon Howard, retired
- Marsha Martin, Lay Servant Director and part-time pastor at Burlington Junction/Wilcox
- Rev. Clayton Smith, retired
- Rev. Candace Fowler, Associate Pastor at First Sedalia UMC
Participants must attend ALL 5 Sessions to get credit for the course. Be sure to read your book prior to each class. You will receive a ZOOM link a few days prior to the beginning of the course.