WEATHER UPDATE: The training at the Gilman City location has been cancelled due to the inclement weather on Sunday. We will still have the training at the Platte Woods location as planned.
The Northwest District is excited to have a training designed for laity on Sunday, February 10th from 2:00 - 5:00 pm. There will be worship, several options for workshops and time for collaboration in the district. To help increase access to this information, we are offering this training at two different locations in the district: Platte Woods UMC and Gilman City UMC. Below is more information about the workshops available.
- Simplified Leadership Structure REBOOT- This workshop is required and only offered for churches currently operating under the simplified structure model. The pastor and one leadership council member is required to be in attendance. It focuses how to be successful in using this model and allow for increasing mission and accountability to make disciples for Jesus Christ.
- Simplified Leadership Structure INTRODUCTION - This workshop for any church interested in learning more about the simplified structure leadership model and currently not using it. The workshop explores the benefits and purpose of this model of leadership in which all administrative councils (Trustees, PPR, Finance) transition into one Leadership Board.
- New Places New People (Platte Woods Location Only) - Explore new ways to reach out to the mission field our churches serve in meaningful ways through new small groups, recovery ministries, missional communities, new worship services or new sites for ministry. This is a great opportunity to learn and brainstorm new ways to reach new people.
- New Places New People (Gilman City Location Only) - Doing Ministry in a Community less than 1000 people. Rev. Kobey Pule will lead the workshop to discuss the reality check that in 15 years your church will look completely different than it does today. The kids in your congregation will be graduated; some families will move away; some folks will pass away. A great reason for the decline of the Church is this the way we function missionaly is not enough to sustain our current attendance numbers; let alone actually grow the Church. Living in a small community where we have seen businesses close and population decline, it is common to fall into the mindset that we are unable to grow our church. THIS IS NOT TRUE! On February 10th, we will discuss (and celebrate!) the unique opportunities we have as a church in a small community.
- Traditional Structure PPRC & Trustees - During this workshop, we will explore all of the functions of the Pastor Parish Relations Committee (PPRC) and the Trustees in the church. What should the committees focus on during the different times of the year? How does the committees relate to the congregation and the pastor? This is a great opportunities to sharpen your committees skills and learn from other congregations in the district.
2:00 - Welcome & Worship
2:45 - Session #1 Workshops
4:00 - Session #2 Workshops
Registration Link: https://missouri-reg.brtapp.com/NWLeadershipTraining
Deadline for registration is Thursday, February 7th.