About this Event, Presented by MUMF
Defined benefit plans for retirement are slowly going away, and the defined plans with Wespath are predicted to end in the next few years.
This puts more responsibility on the individual to make good decisions concerning how your retirement will be funded.
In this webinar, our partners from the Center for Economic and Financial Education with MU Extension will provide practical information about:
- Your investment options – different assets (stocks, bonds, mutual funds), different structures (private brokerage account, the UMPIP, the IRA, the 529 plan)
- How the various investment options work
- Making the most of your Missouri Conference benefits (including housing allowance)
- Educational Resources for you to consider when making life decisions
- Turning plans into habits – or at least automated actions!
Our presenters for Common Sense Investing from the MU Extension Center for Economic and Financial Education are:
Andrew Zumwalt, a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER®, with degrees in Business Administration and Economics, is an Assistant Extension Professor and the resident tax expert, running the statewide Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program.
Marco Pantoja, an Accredited Financial Counselor, with degrees in Financial Counseling and Financial Planning, is an Extension Financial Instructor, teaching personal finance to diverse groups across the state and providing one-on-one financial coaching for various programs.