Youth Minister - Platte City UMC (Platte City)
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead Sunday School program for Middle and High School youth. This includes choosing and developing curriculums, teaching, scheduling and supporting additional volunteers as needed.
- Lead youth program during Wednesday Night Live for Middle and High School. This includes planning and developing programs, coordinating with the worship leader when needed, and recruiting and supporting parent and volunteer involvement.
- Lead weekly Youth Group meetings throughout the school year, which includes games and activities, as well as spiritual formation.
- Coordinate special events to engage youth in community and fellowship. (i.e. Retreats, group outings, service projects, celebrations, etc).
- Recruit and develop adult leaders and mentors to support youth ministry.
- Create relationships with parents and youth; this may include attending games, school events, concerts, and activities outside of church.
- Provide administrative leadership of youth programming through regular meetings with Pastor, staff and volunteers.
- Develop and provide leadership for the Youth Confirmation program, in coordination with Pastor and Family Ministry Coordinator.
- Coordinate service opportunities for youth, including summer mission trips and service projects throughout the year.
- Coordinate fundraising events and organize the annual Youth budget as part of the Family Ministry budget.
- Communicate via phone calls, emails and utilize other marketing such as e-news, Facebook page, and church website and bulletins.
Contact: Robbin Gill
Address: 14040 N Hwy Platte City MO 64079