Youth Director - First UMC (Blue Springs)
Post Date: November 30, 2022
Application Deadline: December 30, 2022
- Experienced in student ministry (ideally with 3+ years leading in this capacity)
- Strategically minded and able to think years down the road
- Familiar with United Methodist theology (or willing to learn)
- Administratively skilled and able to build systems that empower others
- Excellent at raising up volunteer leaders and building strong teams
- Relationally gifted and understanding of the importance of sharing their life with others
- Ideally holds a Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Developing and implementing a strategic vision for youth in coordination with the NextGen Director and our children’s ministry.
- Leading, recruiting and equipping volunteers to oversee youth programming on Sunday mornings and Wednesday evenings.
- Acquiring, developing, and implementing curriculum for weekly programming and our confirmation program.
- Attending staff meetings and any other strategic meeting assigned by NextGen Director.
- Establishing effective communication to families and actively staying in touch through multiple channels.
- Keeping up to date with Safe Gatherings certification and ensuring that appropriate safety and security procedures are followed at all times.
- Working with our Missions Coordinator to plan summer mission trips and/or camp
- Helping lead in weekend worship services when scheduling allows
- Being involved in some form of adult small group or discipleship group
- Maintaining personal spiritual disciplines necessary for vibrant spiritual leadership
The Youth Director will report to the NextGen Director for the purpose of work evaluation and review. This position is finally accountable to the Leadership Council of First United Methodist Church and has direct access to that committee when desired. A written copy of employee policies, guidelines, benefits, and holidays are on file in the Church office and can be requested.
Details: We want you to love being part of the team at First United Methodist Church. Here’s what we will provide:
- Salary of $40,000
- Medical insurance
- At least 15 Paid-Time Off (PTO) days per year.
- Pension benefit of 4% of annual salary (after 12 months)
Learn More At: https://www.bluespringsumc.org/employment
Contact for this Listing
Contact: Andrea Lyttle
Address: 301 SW Woods Chapel Rd., First United Methodist Church, Blue Springs, MO, 64015
Email: Click to email