Traditional Music Director - Wesley UMC (Springfield)
Qualifications: passion for glorifying Jesus Christ passion for excellence in worship degree in music or music-related degree demonstrates proficiency in vocal skills, functional music theory, and group leadership ability to be a true team player ability to work and communicate with persons with highly varied levels of formal musical training and experience.
General Responsibilities: (included, but not limited to the following)
- Under the leadership of, and alongside the Lead Pastor, planning the traditional worship experience at Wesley UMC.
- Serve on Worship Planning Team Lead adult choir and in cooperation with the Worship Planning Team, choose and arrange music.
- Oversee all aspects of traditional music---including bells, orchestra, and various ensembles.
- Recruit, equip, train and maintain traditional music ministry staff Identify and mentor artists into serving and leadership roles; identify apprentice and mentor relationships.
- Connect incoming artists into meaningful serving opportunities.
- As part of the Worship Planning Team, plan and coordinate the worship planning schedule for 6 weeks ahead collaborate with the Worship Producer in the continued maintenance and periodic upgrades of technical equipment used in worship
- Communicate with leaders of children and youth worship groups and facilitate their service and participation in traditional worship
- Administration of traditional worship arts budget, music equipment management, digital and hard copy music management and music copyright licensure
- Other duties as assigned by Lead Pastor Performance
- Work collaboratively and cooperatively with staff and church members – be a team player, the needs of the worship experience and the church always come first
- Follow guidelines set forth in WUMC Employment Policy/Handbook
- Be trained in and abide by WUMC Safe Gatherings policy
- Maintain a professional and Christian presence in the church and on all forms of social media at all times
- Keep informed in the latest methods/practices of traditional sacred music
- Effectively communicate ideas, thoughts and concepts
- Demonstrate strong and effective organizational skills
- Able to work at a fast pace within a variety of settings and circumstances, with composure and flexibility while exercising discernment and wise judgment
- Be a self-starter, good at multi-tasking and prioritizing projects, and give extreme attention to details with an eye for excellence
- Participate in annual performance review
- Participate in soul-care
- Maintain the strictest confidentiality in all matters related to the church
Contact: Michael McIntyre
Address: 922 W Republic Rd Springfield 65807