Student Ministry Director - Peculiar UMC
Position: Student Ministry Director
Hours: Part time, approx. 10 hours weekly. (Sundays/Wednesdays and 3 hours for planning/events/flexible time/etc.)
Pay: This is a salary position
Description: We are seeking an energetic, self-motivated individual who is in love with Jesus and desires to help students fall in love and STAY in love with Jesus Christ as well.
About Us: In a world that often seems cold and divided, Peculiar United Methodist Church believes that God is the common denominator that holds us together. We believe that EVERY person has value and purpose. For the things we don’t see eye to eye on, we allow love to fill the space so that we can simply be the church. At Peculiar United Methodist Church, ALL are welcome with love and respect, and welcome without judgment.
Peculiar UMC is located directly between RayPec South Middle School and RayPec High School, which allows for some amazing opportunities to connect with 6th – 12th graders. Wednesday night is our big night with a very diverse group of students. We need someone who is inclusive and can build relationships with ANY and all students. We have Sunday School on Sunday mornings at 9:30.
- Cultivate a safe and healthy environment for students to thrive in their relationship with Christ
- Lead Youth Group on Wednesday evenings and Sunday School on Sunday mornings.
- Direct other youth activities (lock-ins, serving/mission opportunities, fellowship events, etc.)
- Recruit, equip and manage volunteers
- Recruit and mentor students and student leaders
- Assist pastor with Confirmation
- Grow the Student Ministry in both size and impact.
- Experience leading student ministry
- Must be a strong leader, very organized and have strong communication skills
- Able to build relationships with all types of people (Students and parents)
- Authentic, relatable and nonjudgmental.
Salary: $100.00 to $150.00 /week
Contact: Wendy Minshall
Address: 20521 S. School Road Peculiar MO 64078
Email: Click to email