Office of Mission, Service and Justice Executive Assistant
MISSION, SERVICE & JUSTICE (MSJ) EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT
Function: To provide administrative support to the Director of Mission, Service and Justice Ministries
Employment: Position filled by applications and interview with the Director of Mission, Service and Justice Ministries
Compensation: Hourly, non-exempt. 40 hours a week. Shall be determined annually in accordance with the fiscal year by the Director of Mission, Service and Justice Ministries.
- Act as a point of contact for Director of Mission, Service & Justice Ministries
- Manage flow of communication for the MSJ team
- Research and compile data on various topics, including, church outreach, community partners and various social justice issues
- Maintain office records, department calendar, and staff calendars
- Extend hospitality to all guests
- Make travel arrangements for Director of Mission, Service & Justice Ministries
- Organize offsite and onsite meetings and events
- Exercise discretion and confidentiality with information
- Proactive and able to prioritize competing work projects
- Plan and organize programs covering a range of ministry areas
- Serve as liaison between MSJ and numerous community partners
- Provide administrative supports various MSJ areas, as needed
- Analyze and research social issues
- Attend community and coalition building meetings, such as, school board meetings
- Draft content for communication tools, such as newsletters and social media platforms
- Use weekly planning and tracking tools to report on goals, outcomes and key learnings
- Compile, maintain and update information, data and databases on volunteer, projects, partnerships, and ministries.
- Support MSJ events and efforts
- Support volunteers and staff by providing demographics, data and planning assistance
Qualifications and Necessary Skills:
- Preferred experienced in a related degree, or job related experience.
- Some experience in ministry (paid or unpaid) preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, specifically, strong writing and editing skills.
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficient in technology, social media, video conferencing and apps that can further our mission and vision
- Excellent organization skills
- Comfortable in a fast paced environment with multiple task and projects at hand
- Excellent Interpersonal/human relation skills
- Ability to perform duties with a sense of compassion, energy, openness, composure and flexibility.
- Ability to develop a good rapport with diverse groups
- Some experience in the field of education is preferred.
- Desire to support and grow the United Methodist Church, and a basic understanding of UMC polity and governance.
- This position requires confidentiality, decorum, creativity, flexibility, a diverse skill set and collaboration with internal and external groups. There is a high degree of social interaction required.
- A desire to serve Jesus Christ, through the Church with a loving, warm, welcoming and helpful nature. Also, a desire for discipleship and servant leadership.
- Passion for justice
- Strong communication skills
- Works well collaboratively in a team-oriented environment
- Desire and ability to learn and work with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Other duties as assigned
- Commitment to Missouri Annual Conference’s vision and mission: The Missouri Conference will relentlessly lead our churches to become outwardly focused and spiritually centered Christ followers.
- 40 hours per week. The office is located in Columbia, MO and is open Monday-Friday 8:30-4:30 p.m.
- Some weekend responsibilities are required. Comp time or overtime may be a part of compensation for work over 40 hours.
- Some travel involved.
- This position is subject to a six-month evaluation and assessment regarding qualifications, readiness and enthusiasm for the position.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Contact: Tina Harris
Address: Columbia MO 65202