NextGen Director - First UMC (Blue Springs)
Post Date: November 30, 2022
Application Deadline: December 30, 2022
The ideal candidate for this position is…
- Experienced in children’s ministry (ideally with 3+ years leading in this capacity).
- Strategically minded and able to think years down the road.
- Familiar with the Orange curriculum philosophy and United Methodist theology.
- Administratively skilled and able to build systems that empower others.
- Excellent at raising up volunteer leaders and building strong teams.
- Relationally gifted and understanding of the importance of sharing their life with others.
- Developing and implementing a strategic vision and discipleship pathway for children and youth from birth through graduation.
- Managing and overseeing the Youth Director (to be hired) and Children’s Music Leaders for weekend programming, special events, and children’s music programs.
- Leading, recruiting, and equipping volunteers to oversee First Kids and Impact Youth programming on Sunday mornings and Wednesday evenings.
- Acquiring, developing, and implementing curriculum for First Kids, Impact Youth, and our confirmation program.
- Attending staff meetings and any other strategic meeting assigned by Lead Pastor.
- Establishing a communication plan to families and actively staying in touch through multiple channels.
- Keeping up-to-date with Safe Gatherings certification and ensuring that appropriate safety and security procedures are followed at all times.
- Developing an annual calendar of events for kids and students with the intention of inviting new families into the community at First UMC.
- Assisting in weekend worship when scheduling allows.
- Organize college-age connection throughout the year.
- Being involved in some form of an adult small group or discipleship group.
- Maintaining personal spiritual disciplines necessary for vibrant spiritual leadership.
Details: We want you to love being part of the team at First United Methodist Church. Here’s what we will provide:
- A $50,000 salary
- Medical insurance
- At least 15 Paid-Time Off (PTO) days per year.
- Pension benefit of 4% of annual salary (after 12 months)
Learn More At: https://www.bluespringsumc.org/employment
Contact for this Listing
Contact: Andrea Lyttle
Address: 301 SW WOODS CHAPEL RD, First United Methodist Church, BLUE SPRINGS, 64015
Email: Click to email