Modern Music Director - Wesley UMC (Springfield)
Qualifications: Passion for glorifying Jesus Christ passion for excellence in worship demonstrates proficiency in vocal skills, and group leadership ability to be a true team player ability to work and communicate with persons with highly varied levels of formal musical training and experience.
General Responsibilities: (included, but not limited to the following)
- Under the leadership of, and alongside the Lead Pastor, planning the modern worship experience at Wesley UMC.
Lead modern music teams and in cooperation with the Worship Planning Team, choose and arrange music.
- Recruit, equip, train and maintain modern music ministry teams.
- Identify and mentor artists into serving and leadership roles; identify apprentice and mentor relationships.
- Connect incoming artists into meaningful serving opportunities.
- Collaborate with the Worship Producer in the continued maintenance and periodic upgrades of technical equipment used in worship collaborate with the Worship Producer in all sound settings continued maintenance and periodic upgrades of technical equipment used in worship
- Administration of modern worship arts budget, music equipment management, digital and hard copy music management and music copyright licensure
- Other duties as assigned by Lead Pastor Performance
- Work collaboratively and cooperatively with staff and church members – be a team player, the needs of the worship experience and the church always come first
- Follow guidelines set forth in WUMC Employment Policy/Handbook
- Be trained in and abide by WUMC Safe Gatherings policy
- Maintain a professional and Christian presence in the church and on all forms of social media at all times
- Keep informed in the latest methods/practices of modern Christian music
- Effectively communicate ideas, thoughts and concepts
- Demonstrate strong and effective organizational skills
- Able to work at a fast pace within a variety of settings and circumstances, with composure and flexibility while exercising discernment and wise judgment
- Be a self-starter, good at multi-tasking and prioritizing projects, and give extreme attention to details with an eye for excellence
- Participate in annual performance review
- Participate in soul-care
- Maintain the strictest confidentiality in all matters related to the church
Contact: Michael McIntyre
Address: 922 W Republic Rd Springfield MO 65807