Missions Director - Woods Chapel United Methodist Church (Lee's Summit)
Title: Missions Director Supervisor: Executive Pastor Position Description The Missions Director is responsible to lead a comprehension program for mission outreach for the Lee’s Summit Campus, including local, national, and global outreach. This is a full-time, salaried, exempt position. Core Values We embrace the following values in support of the mission of Woods Chapel Church:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in related field preferred.
- Leadership experience in a church or non-profit setting.
- Must have a passion and personal experience in local, national, and/or global mission engagement. Able and willing to travel in the US and globally.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong organizational and administrative skills. Ability to effectively prioritize and to be highly self-motivated. Successful goal setting, follow up, and achievement skills.
- Proven interpersonal skills. Ability to develop one-on-one relationships within the church and with mission partners. Ability to interact well with all generational levels.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to build and work with volunteer teams
- Demonstrated ability to equip and coach leaders
- Ability to be highly effective in a team-oriented environment
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft products. Willingness to learn and effectively utilize Church Community Builder.
- Must have a passion and love for Christ.
- Recruit, equip, and coach mission leaders within the church.
- Be available before and after Sunday worship services to build relationships with church attendees and to help recruit people for missions.
- Serve as a voice of missions at the Lee’s Summit Campus and engage church attendees in missions. Mobilize the church to connect relationally with mission partners.
- Develop a year-round program of mission education for all ages, so the church will be well informed and strongly committed to mission outreach.
- Collaborate with the pastoral team to identify needs in our community that our church can meet and mobilize leaders and teams.
- Creatively promote the mission opportunities available through the church, working closely with the Marketing and Media Coordinators.
- Oversee the large scale serve events to mobilize the church to serve the local community (minimum 2 annually).
- Work alongside Small Groups to promote service opportunities.
- Assist with operations and processes for national and international short-term mission trips.
Contact: Averie Harris
Address: 4725 NE Lakewood Way Lee's Summit MO 64064