Missions Coordinator - Woods Chapel UMC (Lee's Summit)
Title: Missions Coordinator
Supervisor: Missions Director
The Missions Coordinator is responsible for oversight of all local mission serving opportunities offered through Woods Chapel. This is a full-time, salaried, exempt position.
We embrace the following values in support of the mission of Woods Chapel Church:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in related field preferred.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft products. Willingness to learn and effectively utilize Church Community Builder.
- Strong communication and organizational skills. Ability to effectively prioritize, to be highly self-motivated, and to discretely handle confidential information.
- Proven interpersonal skills. Ability to develop one-on-one relationships within the church and with local mission partner agencies.
- Successful goal setting, follow up, and achievement skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively in planning, organizing, and leading volunteers.
- Must have a passion and personal experience in local mission engagement.
- Leadership experience in a church or non-profit setting.
- Must have a passion and love for Christ.
- Recruit, train, and equip mission leaders.
- Serve as a voice of missions at the Lee’s Summit Campus and connect church attendees to serving opportunities.
- Serve as point of contact for local mission leaders.
- Manage relationships with local mission partner agencies.
- Identify needs in our community that our church can meet and mobilize leaders and teams.
- Identify large serving events for the church. Organize teams to carry out events.
- Creatively communicate the mission opportunities available through the church, working closely with the Marketing Team.
- Act as the liaison between mission leaders and Woods Chapel staff regarding fundraising, accounting, marketing, and facilities.
- Hours scheduled to equal 40 per week, full-time, exempt. Some Sunday mornings required. Must be willing to attend evening and weekend meetings and events as necessary.
- Submit a cover letter, resume, and references to Susan Robinson at email@example.com.
Contact: Susan Robinson
Address: Lee's Summit MO