Family Ministry Director - Harrisonville UMC (Harrisonville)
The Family Ministry Director is a part-time position whose prime directive is to glorify our Lord Jesus Christ, bring excellence to the Children’s and Youth Ministries, and be used by God to facilitate growth of Harrisonville United Methodist Church. A primary goal of HUMC’s Family Ministry Director will be to help people of all ages mature in their relationship with the Lord and provide creative opportunities for people to grow deep in God’s Word and through spiritual disciplines.
- Serve children and youth by leading them in a deeper relationship with Christ by offering meaningful, culturally relevant ministries in age-appropriate ways for grades pre-K through 12th grade.
- Serve families by creating ministry support for parents to grow deeper in their faith and support for their children/youth.
- Provide leadership to the Children’s and Youth Ministries by working with program leaders and volunteers.
- Work with Children’s Ministry Sunday school and other program leaders to develop and implement a total Children’s Ministry program with an emphasis on Sunday morning and special children’s programs, including nursery.
- Work with Youth Ministry Sunday school and other program leaders to develop and implement a total Youth Ministry program with an emphasis on Sunday morning and Sunday afternoon (6-12 grade) programming.
- Work with Children’s and Youth Ministry program leaders to provide a thoughtful curriculum plan in a timely manner to program leaders for Sundays and other children/youth gathering times.
- Provide oversight for special Children’s and Youth events, such as Vacation Bible School, youth missions, and retreats, with appropriate assistance from other Children/Youth program leaders.
- Work with Senior Pastor to organize and direct the annual 6th grade Confirmation program.
- Develop specific annual goals for Children’s and Youth Ministries in collaboration with key lay leaders and the pastor showing connection to overall church goals, mission, and vision.
- Work with existing Children’s and Youth program leaders to recruit, train, and mobilize student and adult leaders for involvement in Children’s and Youth Ministries.
- Work within a defined annual budget and youth checking account and carry out administrative duties in a timely fashion to ensure effective ministry and communication within the total church.
- Provide oversight and/or supervision to youth teachers and ministry volunteers with special attention paid to equipping student leaders.
- Perform administrative tasks such as developing programmatic budgets, organizing and managing volunteers, maintaining church communication forums on social media and on HUMC’s website, and recruiting other participants.
- Meet weekly with the Senior Pastor.
- Be an organized self-starter, able to work independently and as a part of a team as situations dictate.
- Ability to lead Bible study, discussions, and group activities with children, youth, and their families.
- Personable and with exceptional communication skills that will affirm the existing volunteer base while also being relatable to students and families.
- Enthusiasm and passion for people, the church and building God’s kingdom.
- Must embrace Christian discipline and United Methodist theology.
- To be paid a salary which will be decided by the Senior Pastor in accordance with church policy.
- Paid on the 15th and last day of each month.
- Vacations, holidays, and benefits as stated in the HUMC Personnel Policy.
- The Family Ministry Director must be Safe Gathering certified.
- The Family Ministry Director must ensure that all HUMC operating policies are enforced including Safe Gatherings policies.
Contact: Kevin Shelton
Address: 2600 E Mechanic Harrisonville MO 64701
Email: Click to email