- Serve children and youth by leading them in a deeper relationship with Christ by offering meaningful, culturally relevant ministries in age-appropriate ways for grades pre-K through 12th grade.
- Serve families by creating ministry support for parents to grow deeper in their faith and support for their children/youth.
- Provide leadership to the Children’s and Youth Ministries by working with program leaders and volunteers.
- Work with Children’s Ministry Sunday school and other program leaders to develop and implement a total Children’s Ministry program with an emphasis on Sunday morning and special children’s programs, including nursery.
- Work with Youth Ministry Sunday school and other program leaders to develop and implement a total Youth Ministry program with an emphasis on Sunday morning and Sunday afternoon (6-12 grade) programming.
- Work with Children’s and Youth Ministry program leaders to provide a thoughtful curriculum plan in a timely manner to program leaders for Sundays and other children/youth gathering times.
- Provide oversight for special Children’s and Youth events, such as Vacation Bible School, youth missions, and retreats, with appropriate assistance from other Children/Youth program leaders.
- Work with Senior Pastor to organize and direct the annual 6th grade Confirmation program.
- Develop specific annual goals for Children’s and Youth Ministries in collaboration with key lay leaders and the pastor showing connection to overall church goals, mission, and vision.
- Work with existing Children’s and Youth program leaders to recruit, train, and mobilize student and adult leaders for involvement in Children’s and Youth Ministries.
- Work within a defined annual budget and youth checking account and carry out administrative duties in a timely fashion to ensure effective ministry and communication within the total church.
- Provide oversight and/or supervision to youth teachers and ministry volunteers with special attention paid to equipping student leaders.
- Perform administrative tasks such as developing programmatic budgets, organizing and managing volunteers, maintaining church communication forums on social media and on HUMC’s website, and recruiting other participants.
- Meet weekly with the Senior Pastor.
- Be an organized self-starter, able to work independently and as a part of a team as situations dictate.
- Ability to lead Bible study, discussions, and group activities with children, youth, and their families.
- Personable and with exceptional communication skills that will affirm the existing volunteer base while also being relatable to students and families.
- Enthusiasm and passion for people, the church and building God’s kingdom.
- Must embrace Christian discipline and United Methodist theology.
- To be paid a salary which will be decided by the Senior Pastor in accordance with church policy.
- Paid on the 15th and last day of each month.
- Vacations, holidays, and benefits as stated in the HUMC Personnel Policy.
- The Family Ministry Director must be Safe Gathering certified.
- The Family Ministry Director must ensure that all HUMC operating policies are enforced including Safe Gatherings policies.
Learn More At: www.connecthvilleumc.org
Contact for this Listing
Contact: Kevin Shelton
Address: 2600 E Mechanic, Harrisonville, MO, 64701
Email: Click to email