Relationship to Church and Staff
Staff – works under direction of the senior pastor.
Performance is accountable to the Staff Parish Relations Committee (SPRC)
Church – oversees Christian education for middle school (including confirmation), high school and college, Youth Council, parents, and all volunteers working with children.
- To lead the process of making disciples of Jesus Christ of St. Matthew’s youth and college age students. Programs, ministry volunteers, and total people involved should grow as the church grows. These programs should look for ways to serve and intersect with our community and neighbors.
- Develop, plan, and implement all aspects of a vibrant youth ministry in the areas of discipleship, mission, and outreach.
- Lead existing programs Appalachian Service Project and Jeremiah Project (or suitable replacements) that have been important components of the youth program.
- Work collaboratively with the leadership of the youth music (traditional and modern worship) and handbell programs.
- Lead confirmation program for youth, primarily 8th grade.
- Mentor youth in developing their leadership skills and ensure that youth are integrated into church leadership within the congregation.
- Recruit, train, and nurture volunteers. Ensure all volunteers are trained in and adhere to The Child Protection Policy.
- Presence on Sunday mornings is required and broader involvement in the life of the church is desired.
- Actively participate in the weekly staff meetings and monthly Church Council and Youth Council committee meetings.
- Effectively communicate ministry initiatives through a variety of methods such as phone, email, social media, bulletins, church website, etc.
- Monitor expenses and work within the designated church budget.
- All other tasks deemed appropriate by the Senior Pastor.
- Undergraduate degree and experience in guiding students through spiritual formation.
- Well-grounded in Christian faith with a personal theology that is in synchronicity with the United Methodist Church beliefs and polity.
- Openly and lovingly articulate the Christian faith and possesses a passion for other to grow in their relationship with God.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills with youth and adults.
- Team oriented and excellence motivated.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong technical skills in MSOffice applications and the ability to stay current in social media applications.
- Strong organizational abilities including setting priorities, goal setting, and resource and budget management.
- Acceptable background check which shall include, but not be limited to the Virginia State Police criminal check and sex offender check.
Contact for this Listing
Contact: Rev. Mike Plasters
Address: 8617 Little River Tpke, Annandale, VA, 22003
Email: Click to email