Director of New Faith Communities - Arkansas Annual Conference
The Arkansas Conference of the United Methodist Church in Little Rock, Arkansas is currently accepting applications for Director of New Faith Communities.
Overview: The Director of New Faith Communities is a full-time position - clergy or laity - that provides strategic leadership and oversight to the development and nurture of new churches, faith communities and places for new people. He or she will be responsible for starting and supporting new churches, faith communities and places for new people, repurpose existing churches to reach new faith communities, and developing and coordinating a conference-wide strategy for the development of repurposed churches and new places for new people. This person will work collaboratively with the Cabinet and will report directly to the bishop of the Arkansas Conference.
Qualifications: Serious applicants must have the following:
- a proven track record of identifying and developing leaders and new systems
- training and experience in current methods and models of creating new faith communities
- multi-cultural competency.
Salary and Benefits are commensurate with education, training, experience and skills.
Interested applicants should email the following to email@example.com
- Cover letter;
- Current resume with reference list;
- Written responses to the following:
- Describe what you believe to be two promising methods or models of creating new faith communities in today’s culture.
- Describe two issues you believe must be addressed in order to effectively reach millennials, particularly those who have little to no connection with the church.
- Share a time when you created and coordinated a new program or system. What were the outcomes? How did you measure them?
- What challenges must be faced by a church or conference in order to create successful multi-cultural faith communities and ministries?
Contact: Rev. Jim Polk
Address: 800 W Daisy L Gatson Bates Dr. Little Rock AR 72202