Director of Family Ministries - First UMC (Marshall)
Part Time Director of Family Ministries
First United Methodist Church is seeking to hire a self-motivated individual who is passionate about developing ministry with children, youth and families for the part time position of Director of Family Ministries.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Recruit develop and form relationships with families with children and youth to foster an atmosphere of faith.
- Identify, create and develop activities, ideas and practices that will foster and promote children, youth and family’s relationships with and participation in worship.
- Coordinate the Faithweavers Afterschool Program recruiting volunteers, implementing and evaluating the program in order to engage children and families in Christian education and fellowship.
- Have skills in using media technology, social media and progressive communication tools including print media to support the program and foster growth.
- Member of and coordinate with the Education and Outreach Committees for planning and implementing ministry.
- Other duties as required by development of ministry.
REQUIREMENTS: Certification through First United Methodist Church’s Safe Sanctuary Training Program which includes a background check. Bachelor’s Degree preferred. We are looking for a person with flexibility, an understanding of United Methodist theology and ability to maintain confidentiality. Persons with experience in Family and Children’s ministry will be given preference. Must have a valid driver’s license and maintain adequate vehicle insurance
To apply, please e-mail your cover letter, resume, in addition to any other pertinent information to First United Methodist Church, Attn: Karen Moss, PPRC Chair, 225 E. Arrow Street, Marshall, MO 65340 or by email to email@example.com with family ministry in the subject line. Contact: Karen Moss, PPR Chair Address: 225 E. Arrow Street Marshall, MO 65340 Phone: 660-886-9697 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact: Karen Moss, Pastor Parish Relations Chairperson
Address: 225 E. Arrow Street Marshall MO 65340