Coordinator of Student Ministries - First United Methodist Church (Lewisville, Texas)
Coordinator of Student Ministries
40 Hours Exempt
Purpose of the Position: Lead middle school and high school students in learning and growing relationship with Christ.
Job Summary: Create a welcoming open environment where students of all backgrounds can experience the love of Christ. Encourage and empower students and volunteers to lead based off of their firm foundation in Jesus Christ. Challenge students and adults to be community and mission minded individuals who are active participants in volunteer service. All staff are required to hold to the highest ethical and moral standards and exemplify Christian character in their personal and public lives. We are kind, friendly, and accessible to the congregation. We work in a team setting.
Working Hours: Flex Hours- emphasis is placed on meeting the responsibilities assigned to the position and sometimes more than the number of hours or calendar days are needed to achieve objectives. Hours include regularly scheduled requirements for Sunday services and staff meetings as needed and available.
Reports To: Senior Pastor
Education: Bachelor’s degree from a 4 year accredited university.
Experience/ Knowledge: Minimum 2 years working experience in a ministry setting. Minimum 1 years working experience with youth Familiarity with the theology, traditions, and polity (organization) of the United Methodist Church.
- Select age appropriate curriculum for ministry volunteers
- Prepare curriculum for retreats
- Organize meeting locations for BASIC, Wednesday, Small groups
- Lead or have someone lead Sunday night devotionals
- Budget ministry needs
- Track ministry spending
- Propose coming year ministry budget
- Maintain regular office hours
- Attend staff meetings
- Prepare calendar mailings for participants
- Prepare documents to be used as registration information
- Secure insurance information for drivers
- Ensure background checks are up to date for all ministry volunteers
- Assist with mailers
- Update information on church website
- Organize Summer mission trip locations, dates, and costs
- Communicate with third parties for Girls Night Out/ Guys Night In events and other special events
- Reserve locations for all retreats
- Communicate with retreat locations about times and arrivals
- Empower adults to coordinate transportation
- Recruit and maintain a strong volunteer base
- Assign volunteers to lead fundraising efforts
- Organize efforts to collect youth auction items
- Coordinate transition team to organize rooms for group games
- Spend time at student activities (games, concerts, friend’s days, and etc.)
- Create student ministry worship experience
- Participate in worship services as needed
- Schedule and attend lunch at local high schools and middle schools
- Advertise student achievements
- Make the student ministry look good
- Maintain regular communication with students
- Coordinate all aspects of the annual Youth Auction
- Coordinate youth and adult volunteers to put on the auction.
Perform other duties as assigned.
Contact: Abril Goforth - Senior Pastor
Address: 907 West Main Street Lewisville 75067