Church Custodian/Groundskeeper - First UMC (Warrensburg)
First Warrensburg United Methodist Church is seeking an experienced custodian and groundskeeper to facilitate the mission of the church by helping provide and maintain a pleasant building and property environment for our various ministries and groups using our building. Candidates applying for this position must be passionate about making new disciples for Jesus, enjoy working with a team, and communicate clearly with others to accomplish common goals.
This position is part time, 20-25 hours a week. Mornings and occasional evenings.
Job Skills and Requirements
- Demonstrates strong communication and organizational skills
- Must be a self-starter, able to identify and solve custodial issues without the need for process guidance and work independently.
- Understanding of the dynamics of working in a church environment.
- Able to work in cooperation and collaboration with volunteer maintenance team.
- Meet daily and weekly deadlines and prioritize tasks around various activities taking place at the church.
- Knowledge of operation of floor/carpet cleaning equipment.
- Position requires lifting of heavy items up to 80 lbs., moving of furnishings, and mechanical cleaning equipment.
- A commitment to good interpersonal relationships, teamwork and supporting church ministries.
First United Methodist Church
141 E. Gay
Warrensburg, MO 64093
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org