Accounts Payable Coordinator - Missouri Annual Conference Office
Accounts Payable Coordinator - Treasurer’s Office
Missouri Annual Conference of The United Methodist Church
Employment: Position filled by application and interview with the Assistant Treasurer/Controller
Compensation: Shall be determined annually by the Director of Finance and Administration
General Work Relationships and Understandings
- Work in a collegial relationship with the other staff members at the Conference Center.
- Maintain regular weekday office hours as agreed upon with the Assistant Treasurer/Controller.
- Work may require evening, overnight, and weekend engagements at times.
- Possess operational knowledge of office equipment and systems especially as they apply to this position.
- Review vouchers for all requested disbursements, to include requests for travel or other expense reimbursements, to insure that requests are properly authorized and accurate.
- Review all vendor invoices and statements for accuracy and work with vendors as necessary to make needed adjustments and corrections.
- Coordinate accounts payable issues with the Benefits Coordinator and other personnel as needed to insure that accounts are paid accurately and timely.
- Produce and mail checks in a timely manner.
- Maintain accounts payable files assuring accuracy and completeness.
- Participate in month-end closing as it pertains to accounts payable.
- Assume other responsibilities are requested.
- The Accounts Payable Coordinator/Production Technician is accountable to the Assistant Treasurer/Controller.
- Experience: A minimum of two years experience in accounts payable is required or a bachelors degree in accounting and finance. Proficiency with integrated computer software as it relates to accounts payable and databases as well as spreadsheet and word processing programs is required.
- Education: An Associate’s degree or certification in Accounting is preferred.
- Skills: Must possess an ability to work well in a fast-paced and sometimes demanding environment. Excellent communication skills, including grammar and writing skills, is required. Excellent interpersonal skills are required.
- Qualities: A pleasant demeanor and ability to work with widely varying constituencies within a religious, non-profit environment is required.
Contact: Angela Thomas
Address: Columbia MO 65202