Executive Assistant, Center for Congregational Excellence
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT The Missouri Annual Conference of the United Methodist Church Columbia, MO, USA
401K, Dental, Medical, Vision Employment
To advance the mission of making disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world by providing administrative support to both the Director and the Center of Congregational Excellence.
· Serve as a point of contact for the Center of Congregational Excellence
· Extend hospitality to all guests in person and online, field questions, and direct persons to the appropriate information or service requested
· Collaborate with the Congregational Excellence Director and staff to plan and execute initiatives for leadership and church development
· Organize logistics for onsite, offsite, and online meetings and events
· Research and compile data on various topics including church and community demographics, new church starts, and the transformation of existing churches
· Support Congregational Excellence staff and Congregational Excellence-funded persons in the mission field by providing relevant data and planning assistance
· Manage the financial accounts including preparation of the budget, analyzing funds, and handling accounts payable and receivables
· Maintain office records, Conference calendar, and Director’s calendar
· Compile, maintain and update information, data and databases on volunteers, projects, partnerships, and ministries.
· Exercise independent judgment, discretion and confidentiality with information
Qualifications and Necessary Skills
· A desire to serve Jesus Christ by coordinating the Center’s work of starting new places for new people and transforming existing churches
· A degree in a related field and related administrative experience preferred
· Some experience in ministry (paid or unpaid) preferred
· Excellent organizational skills that bring graceful order in a fast-paced environment with multiple tasks and projects at hand
· Excellent communication skills: specifically, strong writing and editing skills
· Excellent interpersonal skills demonstrated by working collaboratively in a team-oriented environment
· Event and project coordination experience
· A basic understanding of and experience with accounting
· A sense of humor that enjoys people and likes to have fun
· Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite and Mac Operating Systems
· Proficient in technology, social media, video conferencing and apps that can further our mission and vision.
· Desire and ability to learn and work with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
· Commitment to our vision: The Missouri Conference will relentlessly lead our churches to become outwardly focused and spiritually centered Christ followers.
· Employed 40 hours per week. The office is in Columbia, Missouri and is open Monday-Friday 8:00-4:30 p.m.
· Limited weekend responsibilities are required. Comp time or overtime may be a part of compensation for work over 40 hours.
· Limited travel involved. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Contact: Roger Ross
Address: 3601 Amron Court Columbia 65202