Lucinda S. Holmes
Lucinda comes to coaching and vocational mentoring with over 25 years of local church experience from a micro sized congregation to multiple staff large church senior pastorate, former Executive Pastor of Worship and Ministerial Development at the United Methodist Church of the Resurrection and currently as a popular consultant/coach in the Missouri and Great Plains Area of the UMC. Rev. Holmes coaches and mentors others to their unique call of God resulting in the growth and vitality of congregations. Lucinda’s rich experience offers the participant:
Custom-designed learning/coaching plan—no one-size fits all! Abundant resources and ideas as requested! Your discoveries, God’s vision, ministry context & spiritual growth drive the agenda! Best in class coaching for vital preaching © Wayword and contextual worship ©theWorshipway New Co-author of “Worship Ways for the People within Your Reach” Abingdon Press, August 2014
“The Abingdon Press Leadership Editor sees Worship Ways “as a ground breaking and a game changer on mission-targeted worship possibilities for churches of all sizes”
Especially helpful for new clergy or clergy in new appointments And for those with 10 or less years to serve—It’s never too late to re-call, re-new and re-tool!
Coaching experience includes:
- First pastor of ministerial development at Church of the Resurrection launching call inquiry groups and mentoring all new staff clergy, special emphasis with younger clergy under 35.
- Certified trainer with the Arbinger Institute, well-known for leader development in large corporations in the business sector & Military
- National Worship Workshop Leader for Abingdon Press, and Church of the Resurrection’s Leadership Institute.
- Graduate of NewWay Ministries School of Spiritual Direction
- Current Pastor’s Coach for Resurrection-Blue Springs Church Plant
- Sought-after clergy coach and mentor with the Residency Program of the Missouri Annual Conference, U
- Member of the coaching team of Leadership4transformation
Before returning to the Kansas City area, Rev. Holmes served as a District Superintendent and lead pastor of congregations in the Oklahoma Annual Conference. In addition to clergy coaching, Lucinda is currently serving as a part-time pastor for churches “in transition’ for the Kansas East, now the Great Plains Area. Lucinda’s next project with Abingdon Press is a second co-authorship with Tom Bandy with the working title “Leadership Choices”
Dr. David P. Hyatt, Director, Effective Ministries
Coaching and Consulting
636-220-6204 , cell- 636-236-4488
“My mission in life is to help pastors, churches and people to actually live their God-given potential.”
Born in Nashville, Tennessee, David received a BA from Vanderbilt University and a Doctor of Ministry from Lexington Theological Seminary (1974). He served six years as an associate in an inner-city church in St. Louis and then twenty years in Manchester, MO, as a Disciples of Christ pastor.
David left the local pastorate and began helping churches in his own business, Effective Ministries Coaching and Consulting in 2003, following two years at Lay Renewal Ministries in St. Louis. He received his certification as a Christian Leadership Coach from Valwood in March, 2005, and is a full time coach and consultant for pastors and churches of a number of denominations.
David has helped develop the Pastoral Leadership Development (PLD) and Healthy Church Initiative (HCI) in the Missouri Annual Conference and is part of a team that is taking the HCI to other Conferences interested in transformation and growing their churches. He serves as the Director of Coaching for HCI for the Missouri Conference. He does workshops on a variety of topics and is well-read in the field of effective leadership for today’s ministry.
David has become involved with Coaching4Clergy serving as a Trainer for Basic Coach Training, and as a member of the faculty. He is, also, a strategic partner with Leadership4Transformation.
Living in St. Louis, David is married to Bonnie and they have two grown children and two grandchildren in Kansas City.
Rod Kelley - PLD Coaching Bio
Rev. James R. “Rod” Kelley has been in ministry for more than 34 years. Entering the Missouri West Conference as a Probationary Deacon in 1977 and was ordained Elder in full connection in May 1979. On Easter Sunday of 1980, Rev. Kelley entered an 18 year plus career on Active Duty as a USN Chaplain. Rev. Kelley’s appointments in addition to his USN assignments include Battlefield UMC in Battlefield, MO and Ozark UMC in Ozark, MO. In 2008, Rev. Kelley retired from full time pastoral ministry. During the last years of professional ministry,
Rev. Kelley did special studies for certification in Spiritual Formation and Intentional Interim Ministry in the United Methodist Church.
Since 2008 Rev. Kelley has actively participated in Missouri Conference’s Healthy Church Initiative serving as workshop leader, HCI weekend consultant, and HCI coach of both pastors and churches in the Healthy Church Initiative. His coaching approach is characterized by an effort to ask effective questions providing the pastor a helpful and supportive accountability. He believes passionately that the Church of Jesus Christ is God’s primary and only plan for bringing the Kingdom of God to fruition on the earth. Rev. Kelley’s parish experience, as well as his U.S. Navy assignments, has given him opportunity to minister in a wide variety of settings and situations.
Kay Kotan - PLD Coaching Bio
Kay Kotan is the founder of You Unlimited in Independence, Missouri. Her vast experience and knowledge come from fifteen years in corporate banking followed by twenty years as a business owner and her current role as a certified coach, consultant, speaker and author. She is the author of Full Schedules, Barren Souls as well as the co-author of the books and workbooks entitled, Insights on Productivity, Ministry 3.0, Get Their Name – Grow Your Church by Forming New Relationships, Renovate or Die – Ten Ways to Focus Your Church on Mission and Strategic Ministry Planning. She is a Coach U & Advanced Coach U Graduate, an Professional Certified Coach (PCC) of the International Coaching Federation. Kay serves on the Faculty of Coaching4Clergy, is a Certified Path One Coach for the UMC and a is member of the Healthy Church Initiative (HCI) Executive Team for the Missouri Conference UMC.
Great joy is derived from journeying with her clients in discovering shifts and possibilities to take their lives and professions to the next level and beyond their wildest dreams. Mrs. Kotan has a keen eye for quickly identifying issues that have stopped clients from moving forward and reaching their goals. Feel free to visit her website at www.KayKotan.com.
Larry Ousley - Ministry Background in Coaching, Consulting, and Training
Dr. Larry Ousley is the Executive Director of the Intentional Growth Center (IGC). Before coming to IGC in 2000, he served as senior pastor of several large churches in the Holston Conference of the UMC. He is a life coach recognized through the International Coach Federation (ICF) as an Associate Certified Coach (ACC) in 2004 and as a Professional Certified Coach (PCC) in 2010. Larry is also an Endorsed Life Coach by the United Methodist Endorsing Agency, is a Certified Organizational Relationship Systems Coach (ORSCC), and is a faculty member for an ICF approved international coaching school. Recently, Larry earned the status as a Certified Mentor Coach with the ICF. He is an author of the anthology—Ministry 3.0: How today’s church leaders are using coaching to transform ministry. Larry has led approximately 12 long-term group leadership coaching projects, several Shifts coaching groups, and has over 2,000 hours of experience coaching pastors, district superintendents, conference staff persons, church staffs, and conference staffs. He is often called upon to customize programs involving training and coaching. E.G. In 2014-2015, he created a training/coaching program for all new large church pastors and another group for all new mid-size church pastors in the North Alabama Conference of the UMC. These began with him leading a three-day retreat and following up with coaching each affinity group through group coaching by telephone to assist them in best practices in their first year in the new size church.
Training and Credentials:
- B.S. University of Tennessee, Knoxville, Math, Physics, and Computer Science, 1970
- M.Div. Candler School of Theology, Emory University, Atlanta, 1973
- D. Min. in Organizational Development/Pastoral Leadership, Vanderbilt Divinity School, Nashville, 1981
- Trained as a church consultant at the Congregational Studies Institute, Auburn Theological Seminary, NY led by Loren Mead, Carl Dudley, James Hopewell, Jack Carroll, Bill McKinney, and Barbara Wheeler and others including consulting with two churches under supervision in NYC, 1984
- Certified Professional Co-Active Coach, Coaches Training Institute, 2003
- Life coach recognized through the International Coach Federation (ICF) as an Associate Certified Coach (ACC), 2004
- Certified Organizational Relationship Systems Coach (ORSCC) by the Center for Right Relationship, the only ICF Certified systems-based training courses and certification for coaches and consultants, 2009
- Professional Certified Coach (PCC) with ICF, 2010
- Endorsed Life Coach by the United Methodist Endorsing Agency, 2011
- Instructor of Computer Science at UT Knoxville and Emory University
- Senior pastor of three churches larger than 1,000 members
- Conference staff related to leader development for three years
- Executive Director of the Intentional Growth Center at Lake Junaluska, NC for fifteen years, doing leadership development, training, consulting, and coaching.
- Ten coaching projects working with large church and conference staffs
- Trained an Annual Conference staff in coaching skills as a modality for doing their work
- Served as trainer for four years with an international coaching school (Coaching4Clergy) approved by the ICF
- Led two Annual Conference leadership development/group coaching projects, which lasted at least eight months each. Each involved 10 pastors.
- Also, led the two other leadership development/coaching projects for the North Alabama Conference involving a total of 20 pastors mentioned above
Contact Info: Larry@LarryOusley.com, Office: 828-454-6721, Cell: 828-734-3867