Free Rising Strong Workshop Introduction
|When||Thursday, January 12, 2017 at 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM|
|Add to my calendar||Google, iCalendar/Outlook, Outlook Online, Yahoo|
|Where||Missouri Conference Office|
3601 Amron Court
Columbia, MO 65202
A free introduction to a six-month workshop and group format to engage Brené Brown’s Rising Strong™ curriculum with intention, integration, support, and grace.
A facilitated group experience lends itself to building rapport and eventually transformation as each participant shares as they are comfortable and allows the material to affirm, shape, and challenge. The sessions are diverse and engaging with video lessons, exercises, art expressions, prayer, music, and scripture.
Saturday Workshop times 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
February 11, 2017 April 29, 2017 June 24, 2017
Top 12 reasons to Rise Strong:
1. Increased emotional and self awareness. We are feeling beings who sometimes think, not thinking being who sometime feel.
2. The old stories in your mind are rewritten with a new ending, giving you that strength to rise again and again.
3. You need this practice because if you are human you will fail, fall, be disappointed or hurt. Rising strong teaches not to let your falls overtake you! In time they'll shape you, if you let them.
4. You don't need a quick fix; You need a sustainable and proven, research-based new way of living, loving, and leading with your whole self. That doesn't mean it's linear. Rather, Rising Strong is a spiritual practice of resilience.
5. Makes you more willing to risk and try. Once you do courage you can’t go back. You keep on couraging!
6. When you can name and rumble with an emotion you sleep better. The power of naming removes the fear. Let alone, sleeping is a good thing.
7. Even if drama and chaos are around you, knowing this process helps you navigate it.
8. As a leader, I've found becoming emotionally aware, helps me acknowledge and encourage others to name their feelings. My leadership is less anxious and more present.
9. Give yourself permission to unlock your hidden possibilities.
10. Everything has an emotional link to it and often times it's the key to solving a problem or mending a relationship, starting a new venture. Getting to the heart of the matter can lead to transformation and new found identity.
11. Helps improve relationships both with loved ones and those you lead.
12. This format is broken up to give you power-packed content that you can practice and build on over time.