New Church Leadership Institute - Fayetteville, Ark.
|When||Monday, October 11, 2010 to Thursday, October 14, 2010|
|Add to my calendar||Google, iCalendar/Outlook, Outlook Online, Yahoo|
|Where||150 NW Skyline Dr.|
Goals of the New Church Leadership Institute
- Assist pastors and laity to discern if they are called to be a new church planter.
- Connect potential church planters with successful new church planters.
- Equip potential church planters with knowledge and skills for successful church starts.
- Prepare for a variety of New Church Start strategies/models.
- Each participant will write a personal ministry plan or prepare a refl ective essay for the consultation process with their District Superintendent.
- Each participant is encouraged to make on-site visits to new church starts in their home conference to hear the founding pastor tell their unique new church story.
- Each participant is encouraged to attend the national UM training: School of Congregational Development - New Church Track, Pre Launch.
- Only some of the graduates may eventually have the opportunity to be appointed to start a new church or be the second pastor of a new church - yet, all will have the opportunity to be supportive of a new UM church beginning in their community and perhaps to encourage their current church to ‘give birth’ to a new church.
- As the years pass and NCLI graduates become District Superintendents, Board of Ordained Ministry members, Senior Pastors of our largest churches, and members of the CFA... the very DNA of our conferences will be more supportive of the needs of our church planting pastors.
Download the brochure for more details and registration information.