Traditional Worship Coordinator/Choir Director - Kearney First United Methodist Church
Title: Traditional Worship Coordinator & Choir Director Position
Quarter time reporting to: Worship Director
Overview: Provide leadership to traditional worship ministries of First United Methodist Church with a particular focus on the Traditional Worship music ministry, so the church can make new disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world.
Traditional Worship Leadership
- Develop meaningful relationships with the people of First United Methodist Church.
- Responsible for overseeing all special music performances for traditional worship services throughout the year. These special music performances include choral, soloists or small group performances.
- Responsible for preparing choir and/or small ensembles (as called for by the pastor) for special services. May include Ash Wednesday, Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, Christmas Eve, etc.
- Selects and orders all music used for the choir, including cantatas and small ensembles, in keeping, when possible, with themes selected by the pastor as well as being responsive to the likes and dislikes of the choir members and small ensembles.
- Make selections and preparations for the Christmas and Easter cantatas, scheduling extra rehearsals as needed.
- Recruit members for the choir and small ensembles.
- Select hymns for congregational singing that coordinate with the weekly theme as set by the Pastor and lead congregational singing on a weekly basis.
- Develop the traditional worship experience while incorporating varying musical styles.
- Adhere to scheduled weekly practice times (i.e. starting and ending on time)
- Manage the choir budget
- Oversee accompanist(s)
- Manage the traditional worship service planning on Planning Center Online
- Schedule media volunteers for traditional worship services
- A dynamic personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the Bible and a commitment to Wesleyan theology
- Experience witnessing to unchurched people about Christ’s love
- Exceptional musical/conducting ability in choral music
- A self-starter, committed to excellence, experience recruiting, training, and empowering and encouraging volunteers for ministry
- Exceptional relational skills
- Key Attributes: Passion for Jesus, relational evangelistic, Biblically literate, high standards, understanding of choral music
Contact: Lindsey Vasquez
Address: 1000 E State Hwy 92 Kearney MO 64060