Part-Time Director of Contemporary Worship - Kirkwood UMC (Kirkwood)
Principal Focus is to lead and grow the Contemporary Worship/Music Ministry at Kirkwood United Methodist Church enabling the congregation to glorify God through celebration in Contemporary Worship.
General Duties are:
- Continue to grow and mature as a godly person of integrity. Pursue being a Christ follower so that he/she can model and mentor what that is to those around him/her.
- Provide leadership, vision, and passion for KUMC in the area of Contemporary Worship and Music Ministries that is in-line with the overall vision, purpose and mission of KUMC.
- Lead in creating and implementing new worship opportunities which align with the mission and vision at KUMC.
- Participate in a weekly Contemporary Worship design team.
- Coordinate with the Lead Pastor to create and lead two well-planned and engaging Saturday and Sunday Contemporary Worship services. This includes:
- Leading these Contemporary Worship services
- Read scripture and lead in prayer
- Overseeing the Contemporary Worship teams (vocalists and musicians)
- Preparing for and leading rehearsals
- Consulting with lead pastor to coordinate music for the Sunday services
- Lead Contemporary Worship vocally and preferably proficient with a guitar, keyboard and/or other instruments.
- Develop and administer an annual budget for the Contemporary Worship ministry in accordance with the financial policies of the church.
- If available, attend staff meetings and participate in the planning and implementation of church programs that will fulfill the mission and vision of the church.
- Assist in planning, implementing and leading Contemporary Worship for special events outside of Sunday worship services.
Contact: David Bennett
Address: 201 W Adams Kirkwood MO 63122