Director of Youth Ministries - King's Way UMC (Springfield)
King’s Way United Methodist Church is seeking it’s next Director of Youth Ministries. King’s Way is a vibrant outwardly focused church with an average attendance of 475 and a current youth program to 60 active youth.
This position is responsible for leading a dynamic ministry with 6 – 12th grade youth and a committed team of adult leaders. The current ministry involves traditional Sunday nights, weekday small groups, STRONG mission trips, service opportunities and a youth band. The entrepreneurial spirit of the next director will take this group into new areas of discipleship and service as youth encounter God, learn to love God and others, and serve as the body of Christ.
The right candidate will:
- Have a strong personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Have a passion for this generation.
- Be committed to reaching outside the walls to engage youth and their families who do not yet know Christ.
- Be passionate about helping youth grow in their faith.
- Have a strong work ethic.
- Be able to articulate a Wesleyan theology.
- Recruit and develop leaders.
- Be willing to be part of a team approach to ministry.
Job Type: Full-time
Required experience: At least one year working in youth ministry.
Address: 2401 S Lone Pine Springfield MO 65804