Director of Youth and Communication Ministries - Community UMC (Columbia, MO)
Community United Methodist Church (CUMC) is seeking a director of youth and communication ministries. This position is full-time (40 hours) salary will be determined based upon experience.
The purposes of this position are to
1) engage youth in a relationship with Jesus Christ and their church community
2) empower the youth to live transformed lives
3) effectively guide the communications of the church.
- Actively following and living out the teachings of Jesus Christ
- Love for people and their faith journey
- Experience in creating, managing, and working with a team
- A background working with youth and communication
- Ability to connect with people of all generations
- Must be at least 22 years old
- Youth Responsibilities (grades 6th-12th)
- Organize and communicate weekly youth activities
- Develop youth and adult leadership for the youth ministry program
- Build relationships with the youth and support them in their activities
- Collaborate with parents to engage them in ministry
- Represent the church at youth activities in the community
- Oversee and support the ongoing communication efforts of the church, which includes print, web, email, and social media
- Oversee and support the development of church materials, including bulletins, postcards, mailings, etc.
- Participate in worship and other church events throughout the year
- Help to make sure youth are represented during church planning events and in the community
- Assist in carrying out the vision of the church, which is to invite, grow, serve, and transform through Jesus Christ.
- Report directly to Pastor Curtis Olsen and the Staff Parish Relations Committee
- List of references, including a ministry leader
- Answers to the following questions (500 words maximum):
- What is exciting to you about ministering to youth and their families?
- Describe your strengths as an effective communicator.
Contact: Curtis Olsen
Address: 3301 W. Broadway Columbia MO 65203