Part-Time Director of Family Ministries - First UMC (Marshall)
First United Methodist Church is seeking to hire a self-motivated individual who is passionate about developing ministry with children, youth and families for the position of Director of Family Ministries.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Recruit, develop and form relationships with families with children and youth to foster an atmosphere of faith. Embody encouragement to foster welcome and acceptance within the church.
- Identify, create and develop activities, ideas and practices that will foster and promote children, youth and families relationships with and participation in worship.
- Fulfilling the mission for our After-school Program by coordinating and developing growth with people (teachers, drivers, helpers) who can disciple children toward Christ-likeness. Plan curriculum and create activities (selecting, organizing, setting up), implementing the program and evaluation of the program in order to engage children and families in Christian education and fellowship.
- Adhere to, oversee and generate positivity for Safe Sanctuaries principles and practices including recruitment and training for those working with children and youth.
- Member of and coordinate with the Education Committee for development of mutual programs and to develop the process that will help children and youth develop into followers of Jesus.
- Interface and coordinate with Youth Director so ministries with families move children and youth forward in their growth as followers of Christ.
- Coordinate with the Outreach Committee for development of mutual programs with focus to hold events that are outwardly focused and welcome persons beyond the scope of the established programs at church building.
- Other duties as required by development of ministry.
REQUIREMENTS: Certification through First United Methodist Church’s Safe Sanctuary Training Program which includes a background check. Bachelor’s Degree preferred. We are looking for a person with flexibility, an understanding of United Methodist theology and ability to maintain confidentiality. Persons with experience in Family and Children’s ministry will be given preference. Must have a valid driver’s license and maintain adequate vehicle insurance.
To apply, please e-mail your cover letter, resume, in addition to any other pertinent information to First United Methodist Church, Attn: Karen Moss, PPRC Chair, 225 E. Arrow Street, Marshall, MO 65340 or by email to email@example.com with family ministry in the subject line.
Contact: Karen Moss, PPRC Chair
Address: 225 E. Arrow Street Marshall MO 65340