Director of Congregational Excellence - Missouri Annual Conference
One of the primary ways the annual conference delivers on the mission of leading congregations to lead people to actively follow Jesus Christ is through the work of the Center for Congregational Excellence. The Director for the Center works primarily in two areas: 1) new church development and 2) transformational change within existing congregations. The Director reports to Bishop of the Missouri Annual Conference, is accountable to the Congregational Development Team and works collaboratively with the Bishop, Directors, Chancellors, Cabinet and Mission Council on missional and connectional issues to fulfill the mission of the conference.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implements and supervises new church starts, re-starts and new faith communities.
- Identifies and recruits clergy talent for new church starts and congregational revitalization.
- Implements and supervises, in cooperation with District Superintendents, church transformation and intervention processes.
- Coaches and equips clergy and congregations to initiate and lead change.
- Mentors, helps offer strategic direction and provides feedback for new church planters, and clergy/congregations involved in healthy church transitions.
- Implements and supervises all language-based new and existing congregations (i.e. Hispanic and other language-based congregations).
- Manages and provides feedback for the grant process for New Church Starts within the Missouri Conference.
- Provides co-management and oversight to the Missouri Conference urban strategy.
- Implements Pastor Leadership development processes with coordination of the Center for Pastoral Excellence.
- Supervises Congregational Excellence staff.
- Coordinates and serves as liaison to Congregational Development Team.
- Serves on the Appointive Cabinet.
- Supervises the Congregation Excellence budget.
- Collaborative Work with other Conference Leadership
- Serves on Mission Council.
- Must have experience raising significant funds from donors.
- Must have experience managing a large annual budget with multiple revenue and accountability streams.
- Must show fruitfulness in the revitalization of established and stagnant congregations to make disciples, and determine the process for equipping and empowering clergy/congregations to become healthier and more successful in accomplishing their mission.
- Must be able to travel extensively.
- Must be able to show evidence of starting new things and it being an effective endeavor.
- Experience with marketing and/or selling a product successfully desired.
- The ability to communicate one-on-one and in groups to a broad spectrum of people and personalities.
- Must have an active faith in following Jesus Christ.
Interested Missouri clergy should contact their District Superintendent. Interested applicants outside of the Missouri Annual Conference should send cover letter and a resume/vitae that demonstrates effectiveness in a new church plant or in church transformation to Rev. Elmer Revelle, Assistant to the Bishop, at ERevelle@moumethodist.org. Applications will be received until October 31.
Contact: Elmer Revelle
Address: 3601 Amron Court Columbia MO 65201