Director of Authentic Faith Development - St. James UMC (Kansas City, MO)
General Description: To connect people with God in practical ways by providing ministries that help people of all ages grow deeper in their faith journey through the St. James UMC discipleship pathway.
All director positions have responsibilities for all St. James UMC campuses, and will work collaboratively with other Directors and ministry staff.
- An active disciple of Jesus Christ
- Bachelor degree in Christian ministry or equivalent experience
- Experience of a minimum of five years of teaching, Sunday School, bible studies, or growth groups.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Methodist theology, history and polity.
- Demonstrated passion about ministry, particularly about people becoming fully committed followers of Jesus Christ.
- Demonstrated activities of being service oriented, mission minded, outreach gifted team player.
- Ability to perform work with a high level of accuracy and confidentiality.
- Able to work within a variety of settings, groups/ teams and circumstances with composure and flexibility
- Exhibit professionalism through appearance, communication, reliability, competence, written and oral communication, and ethics
- Be a self-starter, good at multi-tasking and prioritizing projects. Willing to seek new information, training and resources as needed
- Demonstrated ability to identify, recruit, and equipment leaders as well as build teams
- Exercise discernment, wise judgment, and confidentially
- Willing to work evenings and weekends, and other flexible hours
- Possess minimum computer skills (MS Windows, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook).
Contact: Pastor Linda Settles
Address: 5540 Wayne Ave. Kansas City MO 64110